Best pool cover pumpA swimming pool is an occasional property. Generally, a swimming pool is active during summer and undergoes maintenance during the winter season. Apart from pool cleaners, pool cover pumps contribute a lot to pool maintenance. Although you have to pay extra for pool cover pumps, these are effective devices for keeping the pool clean and tidy. If you are a pool owner, you can never skip using pool cover pumps. This device will reduce your maintenance cost to a great extent. In addition, you don't have to put extra effort for cleaning the pool. In this article, we are introducing a handful of pool cover pumps that deliver effective performance. Don't skip the buying guide at the bottom to get a better understanding about the pool cover pumps.
Table of contents
- Wayne 57729-WYNP Pool Cover pump
- Superior Pump 91330 Pool cover pump
- Little Giant PCP550 Pool Cover pump
- Fibropool Electric pool cover pump
- Little Giant 577301 Pool cover pump
- Splash pools Universal pool cover pump
- Blue Wave Dredger Jr Above ground pool cover pump
Best Pool cover pump available in market
1. Wayne 57729-WYNP Pool Cover pumpAny tool that saves time and effort is always on top priority. One of the reinforced thermoplastic pool cover pumps equipped with automatic technology is the Wayne 57729-WYNP Pool Cover pump. This pump is powered by iSwitch technology that automatically gets into the action when water is detected. In addition, it requires zero monitoring since the iSwitch shuts down the unit automatically when the water is completely drained from the pool cover. A PSC oil-filled motor will deliver effective centrifugal action and improve the pumping action. It features automatic freeze protection to protect the appliance from bad weather conditions. Plus, there is a protective circuit inside the motor to avoid any damages. Importantly, if the iSwitch detects any blockage inside the pump impeller, then halts the unit's function. Therefore, you can protect the motor from overheating and prevent internal component damages. However, a suction screen is placed at the bottom of the device to prevent debris like leaves and twigs from entering the chamber. This pump comes with a 25-feet power cord that helps the pump to give maximum coverage on the pool cover. So, it is easy for the pump to move conveniently over the pool surface. Along with this, a pull-to-shore rope is included for better handling purposes. Coming to the performance, the pump can drain out 3000 gallons of water per hour. The drain hose is about 1.25-inch, and the overall weight of the unit is just 6 pounds. Moreover, this pump is highly efficient and doesn't require lubricant like oil.
What we like in Wayne 57729-WYNP Pool Cover pump
- This device features an iSwitch technology that automatically stops the suction process after draining the water completely from the pool cover
- The extension cord helps the pump to cover long distance
- The operation is super-quiet and eco-friendly
- This item is lightweight and weighs only about six pounds
- The motor performs powerful suction and drains out 3000 gallons of water per hour
- It consists of an iSwitch to detect any blockage inside the pump. If it detects any debris, it will stop the operation and protect the internal components from damage
- A suction screen will allow only the water to enter inside the chamber, thereby leaving the debris in the pool cover
2. Superior Pump 91330 Pool cover pumpThe Superior pool cover pump delivers versatile performance. It is exclusively designed for filtering out the debris from the pool cover water. This model is equipped with a powerful motor that will drain excess water remaining in the pool cover. In addition, the motor has thermal shielding for safety purposes. The motor can drain 2400 gallons of water per hour and maintain consistent performance throughout the working process. Very importantly, the motor can withstand bad weather conditions, dirt, and vibrations. A 10ft power cord is extremely flexible and helps the device to reach maximum distance. Plus, the 3/4inch hose adapter ensures effective suction. Apart from this, there is a suction screen at the bottom to prevent the debris from entering the chamber, thereby promoting effective working of the device.
What we like in Superior Pump 91330 Pool cover pump
- This model delivers effective performance by drain the excess water remaining on the pool cover
- A ventilation system inside the device will dissipate the heat properly and prevent the motor from overheating. Therefore, it guarantees longevity of internal components
- There are "O" rings around the motor to seal the oil leakage and protect the motor from water creeping into the motor
- The motor can drain an average of 2400 gallons of water per hour
- The construction is robust with premium quality internal components
- A proper ventilation system will protect the motor from overheating
3. Little Giant PCP550 Pool Cover pumpAre you a person who loves putting things straightforward? Little Giant PCP550 Pool cover pump is a perfect choice for you. It is one of the best cover pumps that have a simpler operation without any complexity. Very importantly, it is a mid-sized pump that is apt for small pools. This cover pump is suitable for a round pool that ranges between 12ft to 24ft or a rectangular pool of 450ft or less. Each hour, it can drain 550 gallons of water and is very powerful compared to manual pumps. The working operation is very simple. You have to connect a standard hose at the top of the unit to allow the device to cover maximum coverage. After that, you can place the unit in the center of the pool cover, where more water is accumulated. Then, connect the 25-ft powerful cord to the power outlet to pump the water from the pool cover. There is a filter screen at the side of the appliance that prevents debris like leaves, twigs, and other solid particles from entering the unit. This screen is easy to remove during maintenance. The pump is lightweight with a durable design and will move smoothly over the pool cover. This device is connected with a 25ft power cord for safe pumping. On the other side, the unit is connected to a 3/4inch garden hose to drain the water from the pool cover.
What we like in Little Giant PCP550 Pool Cover pump1. The installation is easy and simple 2. The thermoplastic construction of the device withstand worst weather conditions 3. It is easy to clean, and maintenance cost is low 4. This unit is available at an affordable price and is perfect for small-sized pools
4.Fibropool Electric pool cover pumpAnother budget-friendly pool cover pump on our list is the Fibropool Electric pool cover pump. But it delivers powerful performance and is ideal for the winter season. It is highly resistant to rust and puts a full stop to bacterial growth. Its heavy-duty design makes it stand away from the crowd. All the key components are made of superior quality materials for improving durability. The robust thermoplastic exterior will protect the entire unit from external damages caused by bad weather and wind. Importantly, this pump has the potential to handle extreme cold temperatures and never fails to deliver a stellar performance in freezing conditions. If the pump is placed in highly water-clogged areas, it will completely drain the water from the pool cover. During the filtration process, it will melt the snow and leave the debris on the pool cover. This pump can drain out 600 gallons of water per hour with minimum heat drop. The highlight of this device is its safety features. It is equipped with a manual shut-off to quickly stop the working operation in case of any malfunction like motor overheating or any blockage due to debris. The unit comes with a 16-ft hose for supporting flexible pump movement. Moreover, the installation is simple and doesn't require any accessories, thereby saving your installation cost.
What we like in Fibropool Electric pool cover pump
- This is a lightweight model that doesn't put the pool cover down
- It is perfect for both above-ground and in-ground pool
- The pump's operation is very fast and can drain out 600 gallons of water each hour
- A 16-ft hose pump allows the pump to reach maximum distance
- It is available at a reasonable price
5. Little Giant 577301 Pool cover pumpNext in the queue is a highly effective pool cover pump. Little Giant 577301 pool cover pump has top ratings in terms of performance and durability. It has an in-built handle for shifting the pump to areas where there is water accumulation. At a glance, you will be impressed with its space-saving construction. It is lightweight and drains the water from the pool. Though you are an amateur, you can easily install the pump. The 25-ft power cord is insulated for safety purposes. This length is more than enough to allow the device to reach great distances without any extension cable. With this setup, the average foe rate is about 1700 GPH. Note that the use of a 50-ft garden hose will drop the flow rate to 500 GPH. The pump is compatible with a garden hose that has a standard 0.75-inch connector. As a whole, it is an automatic pool cover pump that is lightweight and budget-friendly. Moreover, it comes with a warranty of 3 years.
What we like in Little Giant 577301 Pool cover pump
- The unit comes with a 25ft power cord for covering a greater distance
- It consists of an in-built handle for easy portability
- The item is lightweight and available at a reasonable price
- It comes with a warranty of three years
- A powerful ⅓ HP motor can drain 500 gallons of water per hour
- The unit is very compact, and the installation is very simple
6. Splash pools Universal pool cover pumpSplash Pool Universal pool cover pump is a submersible pump that has multi-purposes. Apart from draining excessive water, it is also used for wet floors or in areas to clean after any water damage. The pump is compact and lightweight and is suitable for delicate pool covers. Since it weighs only about three pounds, it will not put the pool cover down. The maximum flow rate of the motor is about 500 gallons per hour. The fast draining of water from the pool saves more time to enjoy inside the pool. A 24-ft power cable is flexible and allows the pump to cover a maximum distance on the pool cover. You can connect this pump to any standard electrical outlet. The installation is very simple and doesn't require any additional tools during the assembly process. Very importantly, it is well constructed to prevent any rust built-in and external environmental damages. So, you can expect an extended lifespan. Adding a feather to the crown, you will get excellent customer support in case of any damages. The working operation is very quiet and is suitable for any pool or pool cover.
What we like in Splash pools Universal pool cover pump
- This unit is used for multi-purposes
- It can drain up to 500 gallons per hour
- It is compact and lightweight
- The 24-ft powerful cord is flexible and supports maxim coverage
- It has excellent customer support to assist you in case of any queries
7. Blue Wave Dredger Jr Above ground pool cover pumpBlue Wave Dredger pool cover pump is an automatic pump that is much suitable for above-ground pools. It is compact and lightweight and protects the pool cover from tearing or damage at corners. During winter, it can effectively melt the snow ice and drain the water from the pool. This pump will get rid of 350 gallons of water per hour. Hence, it can completely drain the water in less than an hour from a mid-sized pool cover. This submersible pump comes with a garden hose, a 25-ft power cord, and an inlet filter. The 25-ft power cord is compatible with any electrical standard socket. The inlet filter will prevent debris like leaves, twigs, and other solid particles entering the pump. Therefore, you can avoid any blockage. It features an automatic shut-off technology that stops the device's working if the water is completely drained from the pool cover. The pump has the potential to drain water within ⅛ inches of the pool cover. It plays an effective role despite extreme weather conditions. Once the suction process is over, we advise you not to leave the pump in the snow. It might cause damage and shorten the lifespan of the internal components.
What we like in Blue Wave Dredger Above ground pool cover pump
- The 25-ft power cord will allow maximum coverage of the pump
- It will drain about 350 gallons of water. Thus, it takes less time to drain the water completely from an average-sized pool
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- This unit is lightweight and will not damage the pool cover
- The inlet filter will allow only the water inside the chamber
- It comes with one year warranty
- Apart from pool covers, it is also suitable for draining water from your basement, boats etc